Saturday, May 2, 2015

mail order plants



My plant order arrived from Lazy S'S Farm Nursery.  They absolutely have the most nicely packed healthy plants of any mail order nursery I've ever ordered from.

This is how it looked when I but the box open.


Each plant is double potted with a plastic bag between the pots and held with a  rubber band over the dirt..also packed with shavings to hold in moisture and stakes to protect from crushing.
They send healthy established plants...unlike some who send delicate little sprouts.


I've got all the plastic bags removed and gave them a drink of water.
They do have to go through a "hardening off" period where they are exposed to a longer time in the sun each day.


Most of these are to rejuvenate a flower bed meant to attract butterflies. Some of my original plants have disappeared and it's getting crowded with Day lilys...which aren't that attractive to butterflies.
 I thought I got most of the day lilys moved last fall but  many of them came back...all it takes is one small bulb left behind.
I've got some digging to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment