Saturday, May 23, 2015

Shimmering Stars crib quilt finished

Earlier this week was Mt Washington Quilting Bees "play day".  It's one day each month that we get together and sew whatever we want to. There is no meeting or lessons...we just sew...and talk.

Sometimes I talk more than I sew, but this week I made good use of my time and got the binding on the Shimmering Stars quilt. I have the name tag sewn on. It's finished!



I have always used smaller blocks in crib quilts, but this is the second one I have made with twelve 12" blocks and I really like the way it looks. Maybe it's just nice to do things in a different way sometimes...break out of the routine!

In this picture you can see the quilting a bit better. It's an all over swirly design.



I will wait until Tuesday to ship it out to baby David...so the box isn't just sitting around at the post office while it's closed for the holiday weekend. 


I am itching to get started on the next quilt, but first, I need to work on what's in my mending basket. It's splitting at the sides with stuff that needs attention. 

6 comments:

  1. I love how bright and cute this quilt is! Lucky baby! Way to go on finishing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie! The brights are always my first choice to work with!

      Delete
  2. What a great baby quilt! So bright and happy. Plus this design will grow with baby David. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ramona, thank you for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Baby Quilt...You do good work girl....Liking the brighter colors too....dianek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane! Now I need to work on that 'other' block of the month!

      Delete