Tuesday, July 21, 2015

butterflies,snake,spider

My butterfly bush (Buddleia) is finally recovering after last winter's cold temperatures and is getting some nice  blooms on it. Butterflies love it!

This one is a black swallowtail, I think.


Usually it's hard to get a good photo of them, but I have been working in this flower bed a lot recently so they are used to me being there.  This yellow one is a tiger swallowtail.


I don't know  the name of this butterfly....I need to do some research.  There are so many butterflies that look a lot alike, with only some small difference in their spots and so forth.


I am glad I had my camera near by when I got in  the pool.. I was just sort of hanging on the edge of the pool and looking around when I noticed something moving in the sedum.

Can you see any thing in this photo?


How about now?


Now you can see him!  


He was small but long.  Here he was getting nervous and desperately wishing he could disappear down a hole!


He elected to just hide out under the greenery...doesn't know his tail isn't all the way in!


Later that same night my husband saw this enormous spider in the screen porch.


Lucky for spidey...he hopped on a broom and Lonnie took him out of the porch and released him. If he shows back up he probably won't be so lucky again!

Other than that, not much going on around here...just long, hot, lazy summer days.  I did do some sewing...finally hemmed up that pair of pants for my husband...with cuffs!  I sure hope the length is right. I don't want to go through that again!




No comments:

Post a Comment