Monday, October 12, 2015

it's only a bargain if you need it

Just a short post this morning because I have an errand to run early.

I like to dig around in the mark-down shelves at the grocery. Sometimes I find something I can use in there.  Sometimes it's something different that looks interesting enough to try.

This week there was a whole shelf of these bottles of "Organic JalapeƱo Flavored Limeade" for  fifty cents a bottle.



I wanted to try it...but the question on these mark-downs is always...how much to buy?
What if I just get one and it turns out to be really good?
What if I get a few and it's really horrible?

I bought two bottles of the limeade and that was way more than enough.  The first sip is sort of good and makes you think of Mexican food.  After that it just tastes weird.

No one in my family liked it, but my older son had a good suggestion.  He said why not try it as a marinade for chicken or pork?

Good thinking!  Lime juice is sort of a tenderizer. It might be worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment