Thursday, October 15, 2015

tortellini, broccoli,and bacon salad

I needed to make a dish for a potluck lunch. Many times I just take deviled eggs, but I remembered this salad that I made once a couple of years ago.
It was good and had held up well in the fridge - didn't get watery or separated...and it was something different than the usual pasta salads.  It seemed like a good choice for the potluck.

I was able to put it together the day before, except for the tomatoes and bacon. I added those on the morning of the potluck lunch.

Tortellini, Broccoli and Bacon Salad
18 to 20 oz. refrigerated tortellini
4 green onions or 4 tablespoons diced onions
4 cups chopped fresh broccoli
8 to 12 oz coleslaw dressing
1 pint grape tomatoes
8 to 12 oz. bacon


Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and allow to cool. Meanwhile, cook bacon - cool and crumble.
Cut broccoli into bite sized pieces and dice onions.


Gently toss tortellini, broccoli and onions together in a large bowl. Pour dressing over all and gently toss to coat.


Refrigerate overnight. Quarter grape tomatoes and add to salad along with crumbled bacon. Stir gently.


It's a filling salad. Almost a meal on it's own.


It went pretty well at the potluck lunch, especially considering there was a whole lot of food there!

I will be making this one more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment