Tuesday, July 22, 2014

3rd place ribbon

I received a totally unexpected and surprising card from a stranger. When I opened it, it took a minute for me to fully comprehend what it was about.



A few months ago, our Extension Agent asked members of the Homemakers quilting group to each make a  12" quilt block and with a backing, and quilt it just like a miniature quilt.

She was taking these blocks to a state Homemakers conference where they would be auctioned off as a fundraiser.

I happened to have this barn block that turned out a little too small for the quilt I was going to use it in. I dressed it up a little and put the green border on it, added a few lines of quilting and sent it on it's way.





So, it turns out the lady who bought my block at the auction, entered it in the "miniature quilt" category in the Hardin County Fair (she verified that it was okay to enter a quilt made by someone else).

She won a 3rd place ribbon with it!

She is such a nice person that she tracked me down through the Extension Office and sent me the ribbon and $3 prize money with an explanation of the whole thing.
What a sweet and thoughtful thing to do!

It's so funny that my little quilt block has traveled around and competed without me knowing about it!



No comments:

Post a Comment