Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I figured he could fix it

The Sasquatch labored in hot, humid, broiling sun to try to figure out what was wrong with my string trimmer.


He checked everything, but no matter what...it would just shut off seconds after starting.

Finally he removed this small screen off of the muffler...


This should look like an open mesh screen. All that black stuff is carbon build-up. It was blocking the exhaust and causing the engine to shut off.

It was there to prevent sparks from possibly coming out the exhaust and starting a fire. Highly unlikely in my case, since I don't trim dry weeds. So we'll just leave it off for now and hope the string trimmer police don't show up!

I figured he could fix it and I am glad I didn't have to take it in for service. It would have cost a bunch and they would have had to put a new screen on, and I'd have the same problem in a couple of years.



No comments:

Post a Comment