Friday, July 18, 2014

started quilting the quilt

I have been machine quilting the quilt a little each day. I decided on using the cream color thread since I am just doing a meandering design. Some day I will try out something fancier and use a more decorative thread to show it off.

I can dream, can't I?

Some good advice I read, said to mentally divide the quilt into four sections (in half crosswise and lengthwise) and work out from the middle, one section at a time. I am sort of doing that...getting the "hardest to do" center areas first.
I enjoy this part, looking at all the fabrics as I sew.  And, I see I didn't bury as many of the points as I thought I did.




This has happened to me before...I think the flannel does it. A scrap clings to the back and without me realizing it's there - it gets caught up in the quilting stitches.



I think I can snip it real close to the stitching and tease it out of there rather than have to rip out stitches.
Not like last time when a corner of the quilt got flipped under and stitched down. I had a lot of stitches to pick out that time!





2 comments:

  1. Your meandering looks great even with the scrap attached to the back. I've done that so many times, and the corner flip even more! We'll just call it adding character to a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Well I am glad to hear I am not the only one this happens to!
      Thank you for the compliment...a real confidence booster!
      Darla

      Delete