Monday, February 9, 2015

spring mix salad

This is one of those recipes that I had scribbled down on a scrap of paper and now that I got around to trying it out... I can't remember where it came from.

Spring Mix Salad
1 cup Miracle Whip
1/4 cup parmesan
2 Tbsp. sugar
10 oz. baby spring mix greens
1/2 cup grated  fresh parmesan  (I used Asiago)
1/2 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup small cauliflower florets ( I substituted broccoli this time)
1/2 cup bacon bits



Begin several hours ahead to make the dressing by combining the Miracle Whip, 1/4 cup parmesan and sugar. Refrigerate until just before serving.

 Toss together the fresh parmesan, grated carrots, cauliflower. and bacon bits in a bowl with spring mix.


Add the dressing and toss until well distributed.  


My older son was helping me that day.  After he mixed the dressing in, I asked him to "put the salad in a different bowl and take a picture"..  So here is what he did... took a picture of the empty bowl!  I didn't even know it until I loaded the pictures off the camera. That smarty pants !  


Here is the picture I wanted (he knew it).


This is a good salad but the dressing was too thick to easily coat the spring mix.I added a drizzle of cream to thin it a bit.

It will only hold up a couple of hours in the fridge. The greens get soggy quickly!
I might try this again with romaine lettuce instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment