Saturday, March 21, 2015

happy birthday to my dad

Happy Birthday to my Dad, today!

I baked a cake to take over there earlier this week, but you know how it is sometimes when you want something to turn out especially well...that's when things go wrong.

Chocolate is not his favorite, so I looked online for a recipe for a different kind of cake.  I found this recipe for Caramel Pound Cake.  You can click through to the recipe HERE .

It looks good, right? It had good reviews and I had all the ingredients.

Everything seemed to be going fine. It came out of the oven like this...


I let it cool a bit and tumped it out of the pan. It immediately started collapsing in on it's self!


When I put the cooked icing on, it smooshed down even more! 

you can't even see the hole anymore

The icing got grainy and cooled into a hard armor-like coating.

He was nice about the whole thing and said it tasted like a big caramel brownie.

 I will give this recipe another try sometime and see if I can get better results.


Here is the birthday boy and me...


And with my Mom....


They have another big day next month...their 57th wedding anniversary !

Hmmm.....wonder if they would like a cake?




No comments:

Post a Comment