Tuesday, December 1, 2015

what I've been reading

Last week at one of my quilt group meetings, one of the ladies brought in some older unfinished needlepoint pieces, to see if anyone in the group would like to have them.

The pieces had come from an estate sale or some such, and were not in the best of shape. I didn't want them but it did make me sort of interested in needlepoint.

I looked on Amazon and found this used book pretty cheap and I have been looking through it at the different stitches and patterns.



The patterns are drawn up with grid lines. Each square represents one stitch.

This gave me another idea, although I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of this.  What if you used this as a quilt pattern and each square was a square of fabric?


Whoa!  But wait...each of the darker outlined squares is one hundred small squares. Even if you pieced a quilt with one inch squares it would be enormous.  So, not such a good idea after all.



I think it might be fun to try a small needlepoint project so I went back on Amazon and added a needlepoint glasses case kit to my wishlist.  http://www.amazon.com/



 Santa?  Are you listening?



No comments:

Post a Comment