Tuesday, April 19, 2016

parting is such sweet sorrow

I hate to say it, but the time has come for us to go our separate ways.
 Yes, I know we have spent many long summer afternoons together, but over the last few years, things have changed.
I no longer felt you were giving me what I wanted. You have become stubborn and unreliable.

I know some of the blame is on me. I neglected you at times and cursed you at times.

But now you must go, because I have found another.

Goodbye, old riding lawn mower...  


I mentioned here a couple of weeks ago that my husband bought us a new riding mower.
Sunday afternoon he put the old one out front with a "for sale" sign and within 45 minutes someone stopped and bought it!

The buyer seemed like he understood equipment, so he probably had a good idea what sort of problems he was taking on with the mower.  Lonnie gave him a good deal on it, too.

As it all worked out, the Sasquatch was here and he was able to hook up the trailer and take it to the buyer's house (just a few miles down the road).


I was sort of sad to see it go...


Maybe since I don't have any pets or grand children, I feel an attachment to lawn equipment!

I did get a chance to use the new mower. It's very nice! A few things are different about it...like the roll bar. I need to get used to it sticking up higher than my head so I don't smack into low hanging branches and so forth!



No comments:

Post a Comment