I am pleased with how it came out so I took a lot of pictures!
I started on it back in March, so let's see, I've been working on it, off and on, for about 5 months.
It's a little bigger than I had intended...roughly 74" x 96".
It's machine pieced and machine quilted on my domestic machine. It's my usual meandering design.
I was inspired by a quilt I saw online. I did some math and some test sections until I had it figured out.
The design seemed more masculine than most and seemed to me to have a western cowboy look to it.
Since it is a gift for a male, I avoided using floral fabrics. There are a few with leaves or vines on them though.
I've got it labeled and ready to go. Not that anyone will be needing a quilt at this time of the year!
Now to clean and oil my machine, tidy up the sewing room and see what I will do for my next project.