Tuesday, September 23, 2014

a few more quilt blocks made

I've got all the blocks cut out and a few more sewn for the baby quilt I started.
I had been considering using a green print for sashing between the blocks but when I looked at it in the daylight...it was all wrong.

I am leaning toward no sashing or maybe more white as the sashing to separate the blocks a little.



This is another bad lighting photo. Eventually I'll have a daylight one to show.

Now it turns out that there will be another little girl quilt to sew! A young couple in the family just brought home their newly adopted 4 year old daughter from Honduras. They have been working with the legal system there trying to get the adoption finalized since just after their girl was born. Delays and promises and traveling back and forth all this time. Imagine the joy they must be feeling to finally have their daughter home.

I think I will finish this quilt for the 4 year old - then start another for the yet-to-be-born baby girl. Maybe using these colors but a different pattern.


No comments:

Post a Comment