Wednesday, September 10, 2014

hose problem solved

The whole time we have lived here - since 1986 - our garden hose has just been kept coiled up on the driveway below the faucet.

Since it catches leaves and dirt laying there like that - it has always been a dirty job to coil it back up after using it.



One time I bought a little wheeled cart to wind the hose on, but it was so light weight it would tip over all the time. It was more trouble than it was worth to try to get the hose wound on it.

After our porch was rebuilt and that downspout was extended, I was worried that I would get the hose wrapped around it and pull it loose accidentally.
So, I bought this hose hanger...thinking surely I could figure out some way to attach it to the house.
It is very nice and has a little compartment to store hose accessories or garden gloves, etc.

Well, I gave up on that idea - the rocks stick out too far (and uneven) to get screws in to the mortar.


I wondered if something could be fastened into the asphalt driveway to mount a hanger on, but everything I read about it said that asphalt stays too soft for that type of thing.

I kept searching for ideas until last week when I saw this hose pot on Amazon!  It had good reviews so I decided to order one.



It looks nice. it's painted to look like copper. There is an opening in the back for the hose to come in and drainage holes in the bottom. The lid keeps the hose clean and protected from the sun.


I hope it turns out to be convenient to use. If not, I can still use it on the porch to keep small garden tools and gloves in. I just don't want to open it and find a snake curled up in there!

Really it looks nice enough to be used for decorative storage inside the house.



No comments:

Post a Comment