Wednesday, September 24, 2014

finished up my mum bed

I have been thinking I wanted to re-do this birdbath area for quite awhile. When we moved here, that spindly looking bush was there - but healthier looking then. I put the bird bath there a few years later and planted some flowers around it.
That's when I was working and my boys were young...so I didn't have time to keep it trimmed and weeded. I eventually gave up on the flowers and piled a mound of rocks there.

a couple of deer back in the shadows in this photo


The rocks were a problem too. leaves get stuck in them. Creeping Charlie climbs over them.

This week I moved the rocks away from there and took the bird bath apart. Then I had this stump to deal with. It's from a Redbud tree that came up there and I was letting it grow for a while.


With some digging and the Sawzall I got rid of that!


I got my Mums planted. They are small now but hopefully they will come back next year and grow bigger.
In between them I planted some Dwarf Iris that came from my younger son's house.

The Iris should bloom in early summer...then as the mums grow and bud out they will hide the yellowing leaves of the Iris.  That's the plan, anyway. I've planted grass seed in that bare dirt area.


I changed out the birdbaths too, and put a smaller one on the pedestal.

The one with the cherub went over to my large flower bed (which needs weeded).


I had taken a few pictures of the backyard from an upstairs window and my photo sharing app turned a couple of them into this panorama without me telling it to.


It's all weird angles because, in reality, the front of the Jeep is actually in line with the edge of the porch...not pointing at the pool at all. 
Kind of neat, though.










No comments:

Post a Comment