Thursday, September 11, 2014

planning a baby quilt

I am anxious to get started on a quilt again. Next up is a quilt for a baby girl.

I like making baby quilts because it gives me a chance to try out new blocks and patterns. Also, it's quick to make one- and that makes it fun.

After looking through some of my quilt books, I have chosen a block called "Lily".

I sketched it out and colored it with my trusty crayons. I will use bright colors...just the girl ones...on a white or light background. Probably with a bright border.


I would only need to make  twelve 12" blocks. 

I am also considering a layout with the blocks "on point". After I get some blocks sewn I will  lay them out and see what I like best.

This will be a good project for using up smaller pieces of fabric too. 

With it getting dark earlier I should be able to do a little sewing in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment