Saturday, September 20, 2014

lawn mower = bad juju

Remember weeks ago... that I was griping about the riding mower not starting?  Well, Lonnie took it to the repair shop...and they repaired it...in only 29 days !

That's right - they had our mower for 29 days. Most of that time was waiting on parts...and then a couple of extra days waiting for the mechanic to finish a training seminar out of town.

But finally, our mower was ready!  Our grass had gotten pretty tall so I cut it at a 5" height the first day.

The next day I was going over it again, a little shorter and.....

...well, I'll let the picture tell the story...


I ran over the water meter cover and caused a belt to snap (obviously chopped up the water meter cover too).

It was covered with grass from the day before and I didn't see it.  Yes, it has been in the same spot the entire 28 years we've lived here...but it is sort of out in the middle of nowhere in the front yard...and I was distracted by a dog poop type smell coming from somewhere.


I guess I'd better call the water company and tell them what my husband did... tell them what happened.

So it's back to the repair shop. Hopefully it won't take so long to get the belt replaced.



No comments:

Post a Comment