Wednesday, September 3, 2014

what I'm working on

I've been procrastinating on finishing up these little fabric boxes and matching needle books for the Quilting Bees fund raiser.

Several months ago we decided as a group to make these to sell from our booth at the Bluegrass Quilt Festival which takes place in late September.  I intended to make a few right away...but then I had to buy a
small spool of ribbon...which somehow hid from me until late last week.  It had slid underneath my sewing machine.
But now I've finished and ready to turn them in at our meeting this month.



The fabric boxes can be used as a little sewing tool caddy or as a place to pitch little fabric trimmings and snipped threads while you are sewing.

The needle book opens up to a piece of flannel sewn inside for a nice portable way to organize a few needles and pins.



I certainly didn't need to buy buttons!  I have these that my grandmother saved and collected.
I am a little selfish with them though, and I only picked out the ordinary looking ones to use.


Hopefully we will sell a bunch of these sewing sets. The funds raised will go for materials for making charity quilts and our next bus trip to a quilt show.

No comments:

Post a Comment