Friday, September 12, 2014

rainy day sewing

We had over an inch of rain the night before last and it was drizzly all day so I had no choice but to stay inside  in the evening and sew up a couple of blocks for the baby quilt I had planned.

These go together pretty quickly! It takes longer to cut the pieces than it does to sew them together.


I usually like smaller blocks in a baby quilt ( these are 12") but since these are sort of divided in to 4 segments, I think they will not look over-large in a small quilt.

My original plan was to use pinks,oranges,yellows...but after seeing these 2 blocks I started thinking I need more color.

How do you think it would look to have this green plaid as the sashings and border?


The color isn't good in these photos...indoor night time lighting...but the green is a fresh spring green.  It would be a very narrow strip, about 1", between the blocks.
I will keep thinking it over and make a few more blocks in the same color scheme. After I see it in daylight I might not like the green plaid with it at all.


2 comments:

  1. I like the green. Looks like leaves behind flowers :)
    Shawkl (awesome fabric/bead artist) says pick out 3 colors & add green as a freebie 'cuz it matches everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Char ! I like the way you think! The green does make it seem like a flower garden!
      Thanks for that tip on color combining,too. Always have trouble in that area.

      Delete