Monday, September 22, 2014

Famous Butter Chicken

Like many of my recipes, this one came from allrecipes.com.
I tried it out because it had so many good reviews. We all like it and it also makes a good company dish.
The chicken breasts are juicy and tender after baking!
 I do a couple of things a little differently than the original recipe...so this is my version.





Famous Butter Chicken
2 eggs beaten
1 cup (or more) of crushed Ritz crackers
garlic salt
pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
5 Tblsp.butter


I crush the Ritz crackers in my Kitchen Aid mixer.


If the chicken breasts are really large I cut them in half. This allows them to bake quicker and have a better crust to meat ratio.

Dip chicken breasts in beaten eggs. Sprinkle garlic salt and pepper on both sides then roll in cracker crumbs to coat.


Place coated pieces in a baking dish without touching or crowding.
Slice butter and place around and between breasts...the chicken breasts that is!



Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 25 minutes. Check for doneness, and cook a little longer if needed. Try not to over bake and dry them out.
Spoon juices over all before serving.


This is good served with nearly any side dish.
For Sunday dinner,we had it with fried rice, green beans, honey carrots, and garlic bread.



No comments:

Post a Comment