Friday, November 28, 2014

turkey day

Thanksgiving morning we woke up to a little bit of snow on the ground. That is two snows already this year! Is that a sign of  a lot of snow this winter or are we just getting it out of the way early?



Our Thanksgiving dinner turned out well...nothing burned or forgotten anyway! 

I tried out something different, I bought this package of fresh herbs for poultry dishes at the grocery. It looked like something that might jazz up the dressing.  
Sage, rosemary, and thyme.
I am not used to using fresh herbs so it was a learning experience. I pulled the leaves off the stems and minced them up finely. 


It did make the dressing tasty but one of the spices was too predominant...I think the rosemary. I am glad I tried it but I'll go back to the dried poultry seasoning next time...it's the taste we expect from dressing.


Lonnie and the boys helped out in the final stages of getting everything to the table...


Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, crescent rolls, sweet potato casserole, creamed spinach, asain slaw, cranberry sauce, and corn.
It's pretty much the same every year...except for changing a couple of vegetables. 

So later we had dessert, then sprawled around on the furniture in a partial food coma. That is a good Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment