Tuesday, December 2, 2014

a crafty day

On the way over to visit my mother, I stopped at Wmart to pick up a package of "googly eyes".
I was buying them to use on an ornament I am making for my quilt group gift exchange and I thought it would be a good thing to work on while we were sitting around talking.

When I got there and started on my project...my mother mentioned that she had found a cute little reindeer ornament online, that she could make with the popsicle sticks she's been saving...but she was waiting until she had a chance to get out and buy .... googly eyes.

What a coincidence!  This is the first time I bought googly eyes in my whole life and it was just the thing we both needed..and I had plenty of them!

We spread out our supplies and worked on our projects all afternoon.


I had also brought red and green felt that worked for her reindeer too. They are all Rudolph with red noses.
  She is putting magnets on the back for fridge ornaments.



By the end of the day she had 5 made and a couple more to finish up another time.


I got an ornament finished and started on another. I might make a few more for little giftees too.   ( Click here  to go to the website where I found instructions to make the little owl)


I noticed lots of houses and businesses decorated for Christmas on the drive home. I am really feeling Christmasy now!






No comments:

Post a Comment