Thursday, December 18, 2014

a gift from a friend

My friend, Isolde, who is in both of my quilting groups, handed me a little wrapped gift at the last meeting.

I opened it to find this....

It is adorable and handmade.   Do you know what it is?  Maybe not, if you aren't a sew-er.



It is a sewing organizer to fit on the arm of your chair!   Pockets on each side to hold tools and supplies...or even glasses and tissues.
A pin cushion and a clever loop to hold a spool of thread...you can pull off a length of thread without it rolling across the room and going under the furniture.




It's perfect for keeping my supplies handy and ready to use when sitting and doing hand sewing or hand quilting.  No more scissors lost in the chair cushions or sticking needles in the chair arms !

So cute with the Bee fabric (since we are Mt Washington Quilting Bees)!
Thank you , Isolde!  I love it!







No comments:

Post a Comment