Friday, December 12, 2014

finished the quilt

Whew! I did get my quilt finished. It took longer than I expected to take out the unsatisfactory stitching, but once that was behind me it was smooth sailing. I still need to stitch down the name tag and hand stitch the corners closed but that will only take a few minutes.
I will be seeing Olivia's parents this weekend and I will give it to them then.


I noticed that the overall design doesn't show up real well when it's laying flat.

Better if you see it hanging...or from a distance.


And there is a peek of the backside...


The sun was so bright it makes the colors look a bit harsh. It's prettier here in the shade.


I hope little Olivia likes it!

Now, I need to tidy up my sewing room and see what's next.  I have something to get sewn before Christmas but I can't say what it is..
I also have two "block of the month" projects  that need finished up....and I will probably work on charity quilts with one of my quilt groups.





11 comments:

  1. Great job on a finished quilt! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice quilt! I love the colors and the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cheery and happy, Love the swing photo, all it needs is a good book and hot cocoa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful, definitely bright and cheerful.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome quilt. I love scrappy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo! That means a lot coming from you. You have provided me with lots of inspiration over the years.

      Delete
  6. I have admired that design for many years. Your version is so cheerful! I know that the recipient will love it. Congratulations on a fine finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done! Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete