Thursday, December 11, 2014

beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I spent an afternoon at my parent's house.  Chatting while I picked stitches I was unhappy with, from the quilt I am quilting.

My parents have been industrious and have their tree up and other Christmas decorations out. My mother likes a little Christmas something in every room...even if it's just a little sun-catcher in the window.

First, the tree. They have new colored lights this year. All different sorts of ornaments including some that were cross stitched by my sister.


In the living room a mini tree. It looks like these dolls are waiting for Santa to bring some presents.


Also an arrangement my mother put together (she's good at that).


In a bedroom, another little tree. Sort of a modern vibe on this one...blue and silver...and a coordinating arrangement nearby.


This isn't for Christmas but while we are in here, take a look at this collection of rescued and revitalized Barbies! All from thrift stores or otherwise abandoned (some of the other dolls too). 


Back to the tour...another bedroom with a little tree...traditional red decor and pine cones.




And the grand finale is the Christmas cactus! It is gorgeous but it has to stay in the laundry room where it's a little cooler and has lot's of light. it's blooming right on schedule.


I am always behind on getting out my decorations and I don't even have that many !


On the drive home...this truck was behind me. Can you see the green headlights?


Are they for Christmas?  Are they even legal?   They look like big green eyes and would be scary to see in the rear view mirror at night!



No comments:

Post a Comment