Monday, May 9, 2016

Joella's Hot Chicken


Chopper has been telling us about a new fried chicken place that he tried. He thought we might like it too, and offered to bring some over.

It is Joella's Hot Chicken.
 They say their chicken is "Nashville style sweet hot chicken".
They have six levels of "heat" you can choose from...ranging from "not hot" to "inferno"!

I asked him to bring just a single dinner over so we could all have one piece to see how we liked it.


That's a half chicken dinner (and a chicken tender too) and two side dishes...broccoli slaw and black eyed pea salad.

We liked the chicken but it was definitely pretty greasy. They had two slices of white bread in the bottom of the box to absorb grease and it was saturated. One piece is okay but I think if you ate very much of it, you would get an upset stomach.

The chicken tender was good and not so greasy. The side dishes were really good. We had never had black eyed pea salad...it had a tangy vinegar base...fresh tasting and different. 



We were having Kroger fried chicken for Sunday dinner, so we had plenty more chicken to eat besides the Joella's chicken.
We also had mashed red skin potatoes, gravy, Pillsbury crescent rolls, caesar salad, and creamed corn.


It has been years since I've fried chicken at home (besides tenders).  Mine never came out very good and it made a huge greasy mess in the kitchen. I vowed never to do it again!

Well, I can't show you the dessert we had. I was doing a trial run for the chocolate dessert contest at the county fair next month.

I either need to change up some of the ingredients in the concoction I made - or switch to something different. 

 Actually, I'm not even sure if they will have the contest this year.  But, I have willing testers for the recipes I try, so might as well keep trying to come up with something yummy!






No comments:

Post a Comment