Thursday, May 12, 2016

still working on the quilt

Remember how I asked for opinions on whether I should use blue or brown for the sashing strips in this quilt?
Some said they liked the brown, and about the same number said they liked the blue...plus I got a lot of suggestions on ways to use both.





I tried to look for clues about what colors the recipient might like...
Aha! I spotted these blue shoes of his!    But wait , there is also a brown pair behind them (or they might be gray).


Oh, he is definitely wearing a brown shirt!  But wait!  That's a blue tee shirt peeking out at the neck!


That settles it...I will use some combination of blue and brown.

But first, I have to cut and sew about a million of these parallelograms for the fancy border.


Here is one layout possibility...blue inner border, fancy parallelogram border, then brown outer border framing everything up.  


Hmmm, how many more times will I change my mind?
That's part of the fun of quilting though, trying different things!



No comments:

Post a Comment