Saturday, June 4, 2016

watch for turtles

Whoa! I nearly ran over this turtle with the riding lawn mower.


I always keep an eye out for them when I'm cutting the grass -  they can be hard to see until you are right up on them.  Usually they are hanging out in the shade near the trees, but you never know when one will be making the trek across the field.

One time, I came across a pair that were in a "compromising position", if you know what I mean (wink wink).

So, what's this one doing?  Looks like she has dug up some dirt behind her.  Could she be laying eggs or is she just digging herself backward into a hole?


Here is a better view. I wasn't really this close - just zooming in with the camera. I didn't want to disturb her too much, although if a big noisy lawn mower roaring by, just inches away, didn't disturb her, I don't know what would.


I think I'll take a walk out there later this morning and see what's up with Mrs. Turtle.



Unrelated (obviously), but Lonnie and I had an early dinner at Cracker Barrel. We like their fish dinner and it's only on the menu on Fridays. 

That's what Lonnie had - the fried cod.  But I want to recommend this salad that I ordered. 
It's the "Grilled Chicken and Fresh Vegetable Salad".  Pretty good for a low calorie meal. Only 490 calories with their vinaigrette dressing on it.


The chicken pieces are small but have a good grilled taste. It makes nice meal for hot weather.

2 comments:

  1. Yes,Darla that is a good salad. I've had it a few times and sometimes a little more than I care to eat. HUGS Diane K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a big salad! I wouldn't mind if it was a little smaller and a little cheaper.
      Forgot to say - it normally comes with deviled eggs on it. I'm not too crazy about their version of deviled eggs so I ask for plain ones.

      Delete