Tuesday, July 19, 2016

hummingbird swing


Late in the summer last year the Sasquatch gave me a hummingbird swing made from copper wire and a small dowel.
He had seen some for sale on Amazon (pricey!) and thought it might be fun to make one and see if a hummingbird really would sit on it.

I hung it up on the crook that holds the feeder and the hummers totally ignored it for the rest of the summer.

This year, I hung it out when I first put up the feeder, and sure enough they began sitting there occasionally.  Usually by the time I get my camera ready to take a photo they fly off, but this time I got a couple of pictures.



I had to take it through the window so no close ups.



Also got a photo of a Hummingbird Moth...on the Butterfly Bush.


Milkweed is blooming in the same bed. I had planted this pink one and also a white one last year. The white one didn't come back up.


That's about all that's blooming right now, but there are some pretty red berries on my viburnum.


Sunday dinner was Anniversary Chicken, jasmine rice, yeast rolls, caesar salad and a mix of buttered  vegetables.  No new recipes this week.



Dessert was cheesecake from a Jello mix . They are always good and they're quick to make.
Didn't take a picture.   I did actually follow the advice on the box and set the pie plate in warm water for about a minute before serving.  The graham cracker crust lifted out nicely with each slice rather than the mangled crumbly way I've been doing it.   I'll remember that.





No comments:

Post a Comment