Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I like living here

The most beautiful sunrise a couple of days ago...

And really, it was even better than the camera can capture. Here is another shot with less trees and more sky. It almost looks like the ocean.



On the other end of the spectrum...this guy in the back yard...

A fat opossum. I had thrown some ham fat scraps out there the night before.

Okay well,bye!


Then in the evening a skunk...

He could probably smell where I'd thrown the scraps but I doubt anything was left.  He did come up for a sip of water before he left.


It seems like the birds and animals always prefer the square shaped waterer instead of the round one. It's just a little bit shallower than the round one and so it dries out quicker. 
Maybe they are just more comfortable with shallow water.

Zooming in a little closer. I took these pictures from the kitchen window. I was able to raise the screen without scaring him.


If skunks get a little startled, it seems like they prefer to just run away...not just start spraying a stink cloud.  They are funny looking little animals.


No comments:

Post a Comment