Tuesday, April 15, 2014

the view is changing

When we moved in this house there was only one house across the street. That was one too many for me so I gradually planted evergreen trees for privacy and also to filter a little noise from an increasingly busy highway.

Now that house is gone, the property was sold to a developer and new houses have been being built for a few years. It wasn't so bad because they were a good distance away..

Then one day we saw this...

We thought surely they wouldn't put a house that close to the highway, but yes...8 days later this was the view from our front window...

Then I was hoping maybe the house wouldn't have any windows on this side...but no luck there.


Then one day the builder was out there planting a row of pine trees between the house and the road. I am so happy about that. I hope they all live...because they will form a nice wall of green  between our windows and theirs.

 

Well, its hard to see the trees in the photo but they will get bigger. I hope.

Now, what to worry about next? 

No comments:

Post a Comment