Wednesday, April 2, 2014

what I am reading

this is what I have been reading, and reading, and reading...."Under the Dome" by Stephen King.



I don't read many Stephen King books anymore but I happened to notice this one cheap at the Half Price Books store.  It is a long one... 1072 pages!

It starts off pretty good and interesting. A small town suddenly finds its self enclosed by a dome that can't be penetrated from inside or out. As you are reading your mind gets busy thinking of all the ways the inhabitants might be affected...it makes you think about the story even when you are doing other things.

I have to say though - it bogs down after awhile. There are so many characters it's hard to keep up with who is who. And the author goes on and on with just how bad the bad guys really are.

But, if you keep slogging through, the pace picks up again and makes you want to race through to see what happens in the end.

It's all very Stephen King...and more like his early books to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment