Saturday, April 26, 2014

pet cemetery

On my drive a few days ago I stopped at this pet cemetery . We have been by here many times but never stopped to take a look inside.

Oops,  this pic is blurry...I was slowing down to turn in and just snapped it real quick through the windshield.

There is a circular driveway but the cemetery goes back a good distance after that.
Most of the grave markers are metal plates on spikes stuck into the ground but then there are many elaborate stones.

A family plot here. I have to smile at some of the names.


Sweet and sad.  Much loved little pets.

A few have these little fences around them. Grass green plastic rugs. It looks like these had Christmas decorations placed.

This one was decorated for Easter. That is what appears to be a chocolate rabbit in the basket.


When I worked at the florist, someone from out of state called and had a flower arrangement delivered to one of the graves here. My co-workers said they do it every year.

A tree planted  by this large stone. Lots of artificial flowers.


A couple of stones with photos...



While I was there the operator of the pet cemetery arrived to mow grass. She told me they had just taken over the place last summer and were having a hard time bringing it back up from being poorly maintained.

She said the man who started it had died and a relative had hired a groundskeeper, who had done a poor job. It wasn't clear to me if she had bought the place or what. She did admit that she may have made a worse problem by spraying herbicide instead of trimming. (over spray too, I guess)

Hope she can get it spiffed up again. It's a pretty and peaceful little place.




No comments:

Post a Comment