Monday, August 25, 2014

annual fish fry

About 16 or more years ago my parents had the whole family over for a fish fry. It was a fun get-together and somehow it turned into an annual event...each year in August.

We don't have a huge family and no one lives out of town, but we all visit at different times so it's nice to see everyone together at one time.

Here is my sister breading the fish. She did this while I was waiting for the oven timer to beep on the baked beans...then later she washed dishes while I looked at one brother's vacation photos.  I will have to make it up to her next year.


My dad frying fish. Nice big pieces of cod! Really good and there was lots of it!


In the past we would eat outside under a shade tree, now the shade tree is gone, so for the last few years, everything is set up in the garage(doors open for light and air). 
The food is laid out on the workbench.


Fish, hushpuppies, baked beans, coleslaw, potato salad,  corn on the cob, deviled eggs...and more. we barely put a dent in it!  Except for my dad's special recipe baked beans with sausage, down on the far end...that was disappearing quick!



Tables and chairs set up and fans blowing. We all went back for second helpings.



Then there were desserts but I didn't get pictures because I could only think of getting a piece of blueberry cheesecake.  We also had banana pudding and oreo truffles.   

Good food and a nice visit with family members!





No comments:

Post a Comment