Friday, August 15, 2014

bruschetta using fresh summer tomatoes

So far we have been eating our garden tomatoes just sliced with a meal or on BLT sandwiches.
They are good and we haven't gotten tired of them but I decided to make some Bruschetta to change things up a little.

Bruschetta
2 or 3 large tomatoes
half an onion, finely chopped
3 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. parsley
garlic salt
pepper




Peel and dice the tomatoes, scooping out most of the seedy stuff, and combine in a bowl with the chopped onion.


Stir in remaining ingredients and put it in the fridge for an hour or longer.

Serve with toasted french bread slices (drizzled with olive oil). 


I saw some recipes online using Bruschetta as a sauce for grilled or sauted chicken. I might give that a try,too.

Or, maybe I will try making homemade salsa!  Hmmm...I am off to look for a recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment