Tuesday, August 19, 2014

baby turkeys have grown

Those wild turkey babies have grown pretty fast!

The mothers are a little more relaxed now that their chicks are bigger...they brought them right up under the bird feeder.



See that rabbit on the right side of this picture?  The young turkeys turned into little bullies and kept crowding in on him until he hopped away.   Meanies!



This photo is from a different day, but if you biggie size it, you can see a hawk sitting on top of the umbrella pole.   I have noticed the crows sparring around with a hawk recently.  I assume the crows are trying to chase the hawk away...it's a predator to them too.


Two little creatures that I see all the time but are too fast for me to ever get a photo of are chipmunks and hummingbirds.  I keep trying but all I can get is a blur!

No comments:

Post a Comment