Thursday, August 14, 2014

recycling

I decided to get rid of all the cardboard boxes I was saving in the basement. Since it's so hard for me to throw them away, I decided to take them to the recycling center.

It took well over an hour to gather them up, break them down, and load them. I really thought it would be a bigger stack than  this. It looked like a lot more when they were piled up downstairs.

I made a vow that I will keep only about 6 empty boxes on hand from now on.
Either that, or maybe 8 empty boxes...definitely 10 or less, anyway!


Let's see...this is Bullitt County - so to get to the recycling center you take the road between the jail and the auto auction.  If you cross the railroad tracks and the road turns to gravel, you've gone too far!


It's just a little office and several dumpsters. They do have it surrounded by a security fence! Oh and I see there is also a portable toilet there. 
The attendant stands by the correct dumpster for the stuff you've brought. You just back in and hand him the items and he places them in the dumpster.


While I was out, I picked up some mulch.  
It made me think "what if I could just shred up my cardboard and use it for mulch?"



That would be a win / win situation!   It would probably blow all over the yard though.







No comments:

Post a Comment