Tuesday, March 29, 2016

starting on my next quilt

Here's the start of my next quilt.
I don't have a pattern for this one. I am basing it on a quilt that I've been seeing in a catalog.
The catalog quilt has a really pleasing combination of colors, so I've been searching through my fabric and trying to find similar shades.

I've got a few of the large triangles cut...


But I ordered this special ruler for these small triangle sections called "flying geese".
The ruler enables you to cut strips of fabric and then cut your triangles from that. No wasted fabric!
Turned one way for cutting the center triangle...


Then turned sideways for cutting the smaller side triangles...


It's a worthwhile purchase...I'll be needing lots of these units...14 in each block - times twelve blocks!
Hmmm....that will be 168!

I will just doing a little at a time on this quilt. There is nothing (so far) on my calendar this week so I plan on doing some spring cleaning, de-cluttering and hopefully some window washing.
We'll see how far I get!


No comments:

Post a Comment