Monday, May 5, 2014

a package of new fabric

My order from Whittles Fabrics arrived ! Yippee!

I wanted to get some plaid fabrics and I kept intending to drive down there to their store...about an hour and a half or so away. I finally decided to order online rather than using 5 to 7 gallons, or more, of gas. Their shipping is a flat $5, no matter how much you order!  So I could spend a little more on fabric...instead of gas.

OOOH! Looky here!

All the fabrics are good quality and mostly the colors are true to the color of the online catalog photos. Some are homespuns, which I didn't really realize when ordering - but they are not the cheap, loosely woven kind... they are very soft and substantial.

Another reason I like to order online - I always feel guilty making the store clerks cut so many fabrics - a lot of half yard cuts and a few one yard cuts.  This way I have no idea if they are rolling their eyes and shaking their heads as they cut my fabric. (Never had this happen at Whittles though, anyway.)

Everything is here and in the correct amounts! 



I am anxious to get started on my next quilt with these new fabrics but first I need to tidy up in here. 
You think?  Honestly, it has looked worse than this at times. 

The trick is to call this a "Studio" instead of a "sewing room". That sounds more serious, like you are really doing some intense design work instead of just dragging things out and throwing them around.

8 comments:

  1. Drooling over your new fabrics. Have fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin all those gorgeous plaids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! This will be my first time of mixing this many plaids.

      Delete
  3. Your room looks much better than mine does. Hope your next project goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia...but you notice I didn't show what the closet looks like,lol!

      Delete
  4. Hahaha...whatever it's name you just gotta start! Maybe call it the "pedal to the metal" room? Love the sunny yellow walls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie, yellow is my favorite color.When the sun is shining in there it draws me in like a magnet!

      Delete