Thursday, May 15, 2014

pillowcase with pocket

On meeting day for the Mt Washington Quilting Bees, we generally have a class or a project lesson. This time the project was "making a pillowcase with a pocket".

I was going to take pictures of each step but I needed all my brain power to get the pieces sewn together right and forgot all about using the camera.

I did get a shot when laying out the pocket. It is in the wide hem of the pillowcase.


I didn't finish in class but I just had a couple of seams to finish up at home.

For a nice enclosed seam on the inside of the pillowcase...first sew closed with the right sides out.
Then turn inside out and sew along the same sides. 
 All finished. That's the pocket...the crescent shaped area.

We were all trying to think of things that one might want to keep in their pillowcase pocket. There were suggestions of phone, TV remote, tissues, glasses, medication.



One lady suggested that young children could put their tooth in the pocket for the tooth fairy...
Then someone else said... 'Old people could put their teeth in the pocket too!'

Lots of nervous giggles at that remark!





No comments:

Post a Comment