Thursday, May 22, 2014

what I am reading

Not exactly reading reading, but paging through this quilt pattern book I ordered...Nickel Quilts & Borders by Pat Speth.


 I have another of her "Nickel Quilts" books and it has a lot of good ideas in it so I thought (rightly) that I would like this one.

The author coined the term "Nicklel quilt",  because all of her patterns start with 5" squares...either used whole or cut down into smaller sections.

The unique thing about this particular book is that the quilts are pictured complete with one border, but then several alternative borders are shown,so that you can mix and match - make your own design. You could use these border ideas for other quilts as well.

There are several quilts I would like to make in this book. The instructions are clear and detailed so this would be a good book for a beginning quilter too.

No comments:

Post a Comment