Wednesday, May 7, 2014

summer is coming..pool is open

The cover is off and it's so nice to see our little pool again!

Tool cold to swim, although there have been years when we could get in briefly in the last days of April and early May. 

See that bright green vegetation along the edge of the concrete? That is a type of Sedum...a fast and aggressive grower. I just got it started there last summer and it is filling in nicely to create a no-mow strip around the pool area. This is such a hardy plant...I have had it growing in different spots at this house since 1986..and I brought it from my last house. I can't remember where I got the original start of it.

A close up.


I've got the hummingbird feeder up, too.



 Before I had it up, we were sitting on the porch one evening and a hummingbird flew up near us. I thought he must be a regular from last year, looking for the feeder...so I hurried and mixed some sugar water and got the feeder up. The hummingbird didn't come to it right away but I did see him there later that evening. Couldn't get him in the picture, though.





No comments:

Post a Comment