Monday, May 26, 2014

games for a bus trip

Last week  my quilt group, the Mt Washington Quilting Bees, took a bus trip to Columbus Ohio, to a quilt show there. My friend, Pat, who was in charge of planning the trip, asked if I would help with figuring out some games for the ladies to play on the bus to help pass the time.

I searched around on the internet and came up with an idea that I tweaked a little and turned it into "Quilter's Derby" (like Kentucky Derby). I drew these pictures of quilters...all carrying cash and credit cards, and taped each to a paint stir stick.



On the bus, I divided everyone up into teams and gave each team a numbered quilter picture. The object was for each one to be handed clockwise around the bus and make it back to their team first.
Two dice were thrown for each turn. The first die showed which team would be moving their quilter picture and the second die showed how many seats it would be moving. It turned out to be fun and the winners were excited to win a fat quarter of fabric for every member of the team.


We also played a few games of Bingo using punch out cards...and one that involved racing to unroll and re-roll toilet paper. Wish I had gotten a chance to take a photo of that one.



No comments:

Post a Comment